17345Hammock camping without bottom insulation

  • André Corterier
    Apr 12 2:25 AM
      Hi folks,

      somehow I've never had a chance to hammock camp when it was really,
      really warm. But now I'm planning a 10-day throughhike of the
      Rheinsteig here in Germany and as it'll be late June or early July,
      chances are it will be *warm*.

      So - is there a temperature at which y'all feel that no bottom
      insulation is necessary in a hammock? (I'll be using a HH hammock.) I
      can take my usual thin ccf pad which is only half a pound, but as I'm
      looking at 25 miles per day with serious elevation changes, I'm looking
      to go as lightweight as possible.

      André
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic