17274Re: [Hammock Camping] two in a hammock

  • Chuck Henderson
    Apr 7, 2007
      If I were to make a single hammock out of two full pieces of ripstop
      nylon in the manner of a speers hammock , would the seam not
      naturally provide a ridge of some sort between the two ?

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "C C Wayah" <ccwayah@...>
      wrote:

      > Chuck,
      > Two people in a nospreader bar hammock makes for bruises as you
      bump in the
      > night.
      > I've had a websight for a triangular tent system hung off the
      ground using
      > three tress and webing. The tent wieghed over five pounds and that
      websight
      > is gone with a computer crash long ago.
      > I've thought since then this system would make a great two person
      hammock
      > system with a tarp. The new cubin fiber strength just may make it
      possible
      > to keep one light weight however stretching the platform required
      ratchets.
      > and I've not found a workable answer for reducing the weight of the
      ratchets
      > to pull the platform tight.
      >
      > Peole in the Amazon however do use two person hammock's and I think
      campmore
      > sells them.
      >
      > Rogene .
      >

      > > has anyone tried to make a hammock for two, my wife and I love the
      > > outdoors,I was curious if anyone has successfully conquered the
      > > inherent problems of two in a hammock.
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic