1725Re: I need your suggestions......

  • uluheman
    Jun 10, 2003
      I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think there'd be much wear along
      those end casings. Think how great a width of fabric there is to take
      the load and how little friction there will be against the loop of
      cord that runs through the casing. Nothing lasts forever, but I'd bet
      that the hammock eventually fails somewhere else, such as the thread
      used to sew the casings, the fabric in the body of the hammock, or
      the edges of the sides.

      Keep cotton out of the light as much as possible. Sunlight "rots" it.

      Brandon in Honolulu

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Christina Moon <moonpi@i...>
      wrote:
      > I bought a tie-dye cotton hammock on eBay. It's a cute hammock,
      imported
      > from Thailand, but probably not worth what the seller was charging
      ~ not an
      > auction ~ I paid the *buy it now* price. It's 62 inches (5 ft. 1+
      inch)
      > wide by 96 inches (8 ft.) long. Each end is hemmed. It came with
      a nylon
      > cord that is threaded through each end and then tied into loops.
      This is
      > how it hangs.
      >
      > I know that the material at the hems is going to begin to wear as
      soon as
      > the cord is threaded through it and it's hung with the weight of a
      person
      > in it.
      >
      > My question is this ~~~ is there a better way to hang this hammock
      than
      > what I just described?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Christina
      >
      > Blessed Be the Peacemakers!
      >
      > May Blesswings of Peace n Love surround you!
      >
      > May your Mind be filled with Wisdom.
      > May your Eyes be filled with Beauty.
      > May your Soul be filled with Peace.
      > May your Heart be filled with Love.