17240[Hammock Camping] Re: weather shield vs. larger tarp

    Apr 4, 2007
      Tim,

      That is a different Brian, the one that runs the GeorgiaHikes web site
      that I frequent. That is the same tarp you have seen me use for years
      at Hot Springs. It has three tie outs on each side-- one at each
      corner and one along the side at the center. The angle of the photo is
      playing that optical illusion game on you. <grin>

      Brian had used a heater in the loft of the shelter, had his camera out
      in the morning and took a few other photos of my setup. It was cold
      enough that I didn't want to mess with my camera... I would have had
      to warm it up before it would have even worked. Anyway he posted them
      on Picasa, a free site you have to sign in to see that is at this
      link: http://picasaweb.google.com/brian.tant .

      Dave

      > dave, is that tarp that is closed on the end just a rectangular
      tarp w/ extra tie outs a foot or so in from the corners?