      From: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of hacktorious
      Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 2:03 PM
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Hammock Camping] Re: Studies

      I am not aware of an studies for hammocks, but I brought this topic up
      during a hike leadership training course I attended last year. The
      only thing the instructor could say was that in his opinion it was far
      less damaging than using a tent. However, some parks do not allow
      hammocks.

      Extensive studies have gone into tents and trails. I forgot the exact
      details, but a typical tent spot, which is used many times in one
      season can take 10-15 years to recover to it's original state.

      In my personal opinion, I agree with the instructor.