17166Re: Beeswax

  • Randy
    Mar 23, 2007
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, ian toal <powersurj2002@...> wrote:

      > I'm working on making as eco-friendly camping supplies as possible
      and am currently working with used coffee grounds and beeswax to make
      a fire starter/heat source for a small army surplus metal stove. I'm
      trying to get something that will boil tea while I'm using my other
      stove to cook dinner. Of course once I opened up the package of
      beeswax it smelt like honey and started me wondering... Would burning
      beeswax or beeswax candle attract bears?? Does anyone have any
      insight into this one? I'ld like to hear it before the spring...

      > Enjoy,
      >
      > Ian

      What are you currently using as a fire starter now and how are coffee
      grounds and beeswax anymore eco-friendly?

      I think that wood is the most eco-friendly thing you can burn on the
      trail and it's readily available. Burning wood has a net neutral
      effect on C02, it helps clean up the forest floor and helps eliminate
      fire hazards. Why not use it.

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic