1714RE: Hammock Camping utterly amazed I am

  • robi dawson
    Jun 10, 2003
      yeap Ed, dinner for one is a challenge, it just ain't fun cooking for yourself, and doing stuff that ain't fun is a real challenge for me...

      now baking pizza for 80 is daunting.. i have never done sg like this.. the most is bake 12 pizzas for school bake sales but that only takes sg like 2 kilos of flour, not 15 and i have never used the oven where we will be so this is going to be a bunch of firsts. i look forward to it...

      as for you trip report.. i had overlooked your original post on the trip when i wrote asking you about how it was... but at least i got to read two reports on the same trip, always interesting..

      as for the material, i am sure the book will have more than enough info, just i was hoping to get info on those materials ASAP so i could try and make a hammock for this 4 day kindergartner camp out, pizza, hike shebang... but if i do not, that is not a big deal .... i will have all the more time to deal with it after the bake...

      robi

      At 10:51 AM 6/10/03 -0400, you wrote:
      Pizza for 80 is quite an untaking Robi!  Hope it goes well.  And I think fixing dinner for one is a challenge!

      My hike was great--turned into more of an adventure than I expected. Heavy rains on day 2 & 3 really flooded the mountain streams and sent me on a detour. I did wade several streams up to my waist (normal crossings were only ankle deep), but wisely left the trail to avoid about 10 more upcoming crossings.  Still finished the 50 mile hike early.
      A hammock with a large tarp like mine is ideal for these conditions!

      As for suitable hammock fabrics, the book has some good suggestions....Ed