17045Re: [Hammock Camping] Knotless Hammock

  • sebastiantoney
    Mar 6, 2007

      > should hold just fine.
      > on the same thread that i gave a link to in an earlier post, there
      is talk about how sometimes people have their webbing slip through the
      webbing.
      > others aren't having that problem.
      >
      > you'll find talk about different methods to attach rope to the
      rings, etc.
      > but if you read through that thread (there are pictures too)
      you'll find that you can use rings w/o sewing, no prob... especially
      for a knot master like you ralph.

      > you'll also see in one of my posts that even though i didn't
      have the right webbing, etc & was getting slippage, all i had to do is
      add a slip knot & that's all it took.
      > after that, she's not sliping & untying to readjust is as simple
      as a tug on the slip knot.
      > it's the easiest adjustable system i've used yet.
      >
      > rat was the first one i saw using it. ...tim

      Well, you need to pay attention to how you put the webbing in make
      sure you put the webbing in over the top then back through. If you put
      it in underside first it doesn't get as much friction. And yes, you
      should add somekind of double overhand knot or some other stop anyway.
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic