17033Re: [Hammock Camping] Hammock Stand

    Mar 3, 2007
      Suggestion #1. Install a strong eye-bolt somewhere convenient at about
      neck height on the RV. Park the RV so that the eye-bolt is about 12
      feet away from a tree, telephone pole, or something strong. Now you
      don't have to find trees in the right spacing, you create the spacing.

      I have an inexpensive stand which several people have built and some
      have improved upon. Ed Speer has directions for a steel pipe stand
      which I would recommend for use in a traveling RV since it takes up less
      space when storing.

      My page is
      http://www.imrisk.com/hammockstand/hammockstand.htm

      Risk

      hallieandmarie wrote:
      > Hello All,
      >
      > I'm trying to find a good place to get a hammock stand.
      >
      > I have a hammock that I bought in Mexico that is great, however, it
      > doesn't have the wood spreader bars and requires a LONG span to use it
      > without touching the ground.
      >
      > Recently I found a used hammock with the wood spreader bars at a
      > Habitat for Humanity store. I had to buy it!
      >
      > I'm going to take my hammocks with me on my RV trip to nap in and
      > sometimes sleep under the stars. I'm sure I won't always find
      > the "right" trees to hang my hammck from and I also don't want to
      > injure the bark. I've seen hammock stands for sale but I don't want
      > to spend an arm and a leg for it. Any suggestions?
      >
      > -Marie

      Walk Well!

      Rick (Risk)

      http://www.imrisk.com