17027Re: Beeswax

  • Jack Rowe
    Mar 2, 2007
      Well the beeswax clothing is at least of historical interest, if in bear country (which I am) and trying this one I'd accept the guilt and use paraffin. Old-timers might have considered themselves lucky, shot the bear, dried it and ate it.

      My current thought on this one is trying a similar thing with silicone diluted w/ mineral spirits...put on enough (spray?) to make the fabric very uninterested in water, but not enough to fill pores. I'll report if/when I actually get around to trying it.

      I don't think The Bad Place (W-M, of course) sells much ripstop as I just got 16 yds from their $1/yd table.