17015Re: Beeswax

  • ejakes123
    Feb 28, 2007
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, ian toal <powersurj2002@...> wrote:

      > I'm working on making as eco-friendly camping supplies as possible
      and am currently working with used coffee grounds and beeswax to make
      a fire starter/heat source for a small army surplus metal stove. I'm
      trying to get something that will boil tea while I'm using my other
      stove to cook dinner. Of course once I opened up the package of
      beeswax it smelt like honey and started me wondering... Would burning
      beeswax or beeswax candle attract bears?? Does anyone have any
      insight into this one? I'ld like to hear it before the spring...

      > Enjoy,
      >
      > Ian

      It's my understanding that beeswax candles do attrack bears. I've
      heard of hunters using them as a lure. Seems kinda risky to me. By
      the way,why coffee grounds?

      Best,
      Eric