16994Re: space blankets/condensation

  • Jack Rowe
    Feb 23, 2007
      The space blankets do need an air space to work, any part you weren't actually touching would work but not areas making contact...I didn't know how crumbly they are, light enough to carry 2+ but no fun making a lot of trash in the woods. If using as a vapor barrier it'd be inside insulation, but it would be a crumbly vapor barrier and anyway needs the air space to function best.

      Next time I try it the blanket will be fixed to the underside of my over-tarp. IR reflectors are certainly very effective with a campfire, even using dull-finished logs and rocks.

      Jack, NE New Mexico US 7,000 ft