16992Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: space blankets/condensation

  • ian toal
    Feb 22, 2007
      Jeff,

      That's what I've done for six nights out in January and February and it worked great. One thing you have to watch for is how long the space blanket lasts for. I noticed silver flecks in my hammock after the second night and when I held the blanket up and looked through it there was noticeable wear, (lines and creases where the silver had come off) After that the blanket didn't work nearly as well until I switched it out with a new one. I've spent one night on my back porch with the temp. down to - 16 degrees Fahrenheit with the wind chill and I was O.K. I woke up cool after 3 hours but with another layer I would of been fine. Again this was with a new space blanket under my inflatable pad and a zero degree bag. From my experience the space blanket makes a big difference.

      Enjoy,

      Ian

      Jeff Ross <jlross_tijeras@...> wrote: So how about putting the space blanket under your sleeping bag/pad?
      Does that keep you a lot warmer from underneath?

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "coyotefrog" <jackrowe@...>