      Posted by: "quiltpatti" quiltbinder@...
      <mailto:quiltbinder@...?Subject=%20Re%3Aparachute%20fabric>
      quiltpatti <http://profiles.yahoo.com/quiltpatti>

      Sun Feb 4, 2007 9:25 pm (PST)

      So does anyone know if the 1.1 oz per yard fabric will be strong
      enough for use as a hammock?
      Patti

      I have a Speer type single layer silnylon (1.3oz coated) that I have
      made and have been using for some time now with no sign of failure. I
      weigh 195, 6'-3" . I did the hammock experimentally with Hennessy type
      ends so I could use thin, high strength marine lines and homemade tree
      huggers to cut weight. Hammock and lines without tarp weigh 9 oz. I
      don't jump into it, but I don't really baby it either. The long edges
      are hemmed.
      YMMV
      Gregg