16804Re: dry and warm under the back

  • newshutz
    Feb 3, 2007
      Hi,

      My solution involves a bit of work.

      I make my own packs. The "pad" I put inside my double layer hammock is
      a pack designed to unfold. The walls of the pack have closed cell foam
      sandwiched between ripstop nylon (the inner layer is breathable). This
      pack requires a pack cover, which I use as a gear hammock. Unfolded it
      looks something like this:

      _________
      | | |______
      | |
      | ______|
      |_______|_|

      wide part is 32 inches wide (40 long), and the narrow is 14 inches.
      Over all length is 71 inches. It folds into a 14"x9"x31" box, held
      together with hook and loop and some webbing. It weighs about a pound,
      which is not bad for pack and pad together.

      I am working on an improved version, which I intend to post, when I
      have the bugs worked out.

      --Newz

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "susanjevons" <susanjevons@...>
      wrote:

      > I have a double thickness parachute nylon hammock ( home made) with a
      > side opening so I can sandwich some under-back insulaion in it. If I
      > use the aluminium emergency blanket woulnd't that cause condensation on
      > my back ? Anything else I can use instead, which would keep wind out
      > and warmth in ? I am new to hammocking anfd enjoying it, and I am also
      > totally new to this messageing-thing. Apologies therefore if I have not
      > followed protocol !

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic