16799Re: [Hammock Camping] very light weight material

  • Scott Schroeder
    Feb 2, 2007
      Rick,
      I made a summer quilt a coupla years ago with 0.8oz downproof baffelled
      with down. I can't remember how much down but 8-10oz sounds about right b/c
      I made it rather large. I believe it's somewhere in the neighborhood of
      52X80" It it still in great shape with proper care.
      Anyway, I believe it weighs 15oz. and is perfect for 1/2 the year here in
      texas.
      I bought the 0.8 from Ayce but it looks like he doesn't have it anymore.
      It's a bit pricey but it looks like he now has this:
      http://www.thru-hiker.com/MaterialDetail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=MG117&subcat=Ripstop

      Scott