16761RE: [Hammock Camping] dry and warm under the back

  • ian toal
    Jan 26 7:07 AM
      Mr. Thomas,
      How well does the Tyvek house wrap work for moisture and is it rain proof/resistant as well? It sound like a great idea.

      Enjoy,

      Ian

      michael thomas <blackoracle69@...> wrote: i live in the deep south were humid is the name of the game. I use a
      homemade silk hammock with a double layer as well. On those nights i deem it
      nessary to add a wind/warmth layer i use a sheet of tryek house wrap cut to
      fit. I have found less problems with trapped moisture ect using this over a
      space blanket or a simular product. hope this helps...good luck

      >From: "susanjevons" <susanjevons@...>
      >To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Hammock Camping] dry and warm under the back
      >Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 11:04:42 -0000
      >
      >I have a double thickness parachute nylon hammock ( home made) with a
      >side opening so I can sandwich some under-back insulaion in it. If I
      >use the aluminium emergency blanket woulnd't that cause condensation on
      >my back ? Anything else I can use instead, which would keep wind out
      >and warmth in ? I am new to hammocking anfd enjoying it, and I am also
      >totally new to this messageing-thing. Apologies therefore if I have not
      >followed protocol !

      Spaces