16690[Hammock Camping] Re: Very tall man

  • Sandy Kramer
    Jan 8, 2007
      i ordered the double treklight...what is the recommended length of
      rope ... total to purchase?? (then cut in half)

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Keith YOung <tory1942@...> wrote:
      > I did have to buy my own rope for the hammock, so I went to Sears,
      and bought some 100-lb. test polypropylene reduced-stretch soft rope,
      and burned the ends to prevent un-raveling. I figured that doubling
      this rope on each end would give me a 400-lb. strength, more than
      enough to cover my near 300-lb weight (remembering that I'm 6' 8").
      Seems to work. I use the carabiners to clip the rope end to the "S"-
      hook on the end of the hammock.
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic