16671Re: Very tall man

  • David Elliott
    Jan 4 7:37 AM
      Hey. I looked at the Treklight site, and what looked interesting was the
      lightweight carabiners (lighter and cheaper than climbing carabiners, but
      stronger than cheap "mini-biners"). Does anyone know if they are as
      advertised? I use spectra line and learned once that a bowline will snug
      down so tight with that slippery stuff that it takes a leatherman to untie
      it. Since then I've discovered that I can use hollow-braided line with
      adjustable splices. It makes for very easy set-up and take-down if I use
      carabiners to connect the spectra loops to tree-huggers. I'm looking for a
      good source for medium-weight, medium strength, medium priced carabiners.

      Get FREE Web site and company branded e-mail from Microsoft Office Live