16664Re: [Hammock Camping] Hammock Campout--Springer Mtn, GA Dec 31, 2006

  • seuss910
    Jan 3, 2007
      Making camp, packing, unpacking, cooking. Those I'll agree with.
      Gathering water? I just had to wring out my socks and there was enough
      water for a family of 4 to cook dinner.

      I was glad to have a 10 x 12 tarp in that rain. Lots of room to pack,
      unpack, etc. I was sorry to have a light grey 10 x 12 tarp that blended
      in with the mist and rain so well that I lost it every time I wandered
      more than 20 feet away and had to keep circling around trying to pick
      it out of the fog. My apologies to the many I probably woke stumbling
      around.

      > You're a wise man Tom. It's probably a good thing you had the sense
      to stay
      > off the mountain. It really was an ordeal for everyone, even those
      who did
      > manage to stay somewhat dry. It was a chore just making camp,
      packing,
      > unpacking, gathering water, cooking.everything in a downpour is that
      more
      > difficult. It took all day yesterday just to dry everything.
      >

      > At least it was warm, unlike some past NYEs.

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic