      From: Rick [mailto:geoflyfisher@...]
      Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 4:18 PM
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: Hammock Camping Double Bottom 1.1oz ripstop prototype

      Ed,

      I understand your results were not good with the single thickness 1.1
      oz...  The double bottom seems much stronger.  I hate to put it to
      real stress with a 400 pound load for now...  I did that with my
      double bottom 1.9 oz ripstop as you remember with no problem.  I also
      wonder if the white single thickness hammock I had which failed was
      1.1 oz instead of 1.9 oz.  Perhaps I will take that material out some
      day and accurately weigh it.

      I did have one small failure of the hammock last night...  I was
      reaching down toward my midsection to poke the quilt under my hip
      when my fingernail caught the bug net.  Before I knew what I had
      done, I had made a rip in the bug net about an inch and a half long.
      I will try a small patch of noseeum and some superglue to fix that.