16457Re: Built my dream hammock

  • jonas4321
    Nov 30, 2006
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "teblum" <teblum@...> wrote:

      > -Okay, guys. I'm always ready to try new stuff.
      >
      > Re. the double sheet bend.
      >
      > Is the "larger line" the bunched up hammock end itself?

      Yes.

      Just remember, the "loose" end of the hammock must end up on the same
      side of the finished bend as the bitter end (free end) of the rope or
      webbing. They must exit the same side. If they exit opposite sides,
      you'll have a danger of the bend slipping.

      Sorry, that hurt my head just re-reading it.

      A properly tied sheet bend has both free ends of the ropes on the same
      side of the finished bend. If you imagine the hammock being one of the
      ropes, you'll get what I mean.

      Here's a web page that has a picture of the knot (um, bend):

      http://www.scoutxing.com/knots/double_sheet_bend/double_sheet_bend.gif

      Jonas
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic