      From: tim garner <slowhike@...>
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 9:38:34 PM
      Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Winter Hammocking and Spindrift

      bob... i recently joined a friend & the scout troop he helps lead in GA. for an overnighter. i was glad to see a couple of the boys using hammocks.

      ...tim

      rkmont <monty215@alltel. net> wrote: -.

      I've used it on two Scout campouts since. The first was 68% at night

      on a lake shore and I was comfortable in thermals and no quilt. It

      .

      My Scouts and other leaders just shake their heads at me and don't

      believe I could be warm. But after 3 1/2 years of watching me hang a

      hammock, they are used to my "craziness". I have only been able to

      convert one other leader. Some boys will use them in the summer, but

      not for any cold weather.

      Bob

      Eagle Scout, Scoutmaster,

      hammock hanger (wish I could steal that trailname but it is taken!)

      .

      ------------ --------- --------- ---

      Sponsored Link

      Rates near 39yr lows. $510,000 Loan for $1698/mo - Calculate new house payment

      <!--

      #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
      #ygrp-text{
      font-family:Georgia;