1634Re: If a tree falls in the woods..

  • Bob
    Jun 1, 2003
      I was suppose to hammock in the Allegheny's of PA and the high wind
      advisory made me cancel the trip. We hiked at Rickett's Glen instead
      and the number of blow downs from this past winter was amazing. Here
      the ground is too saturated from all our May rain and huge 200 year
      old trees are just going over. Also last Friday was the anniversary
      of the tornado that ran through Hickory Creek in 1986. With the
      weather so similar to 86 staying out of the woods is sometimes the
      best call. You did the right thing. Sometimes it's not about
      climbing the mountain, sometimes it's knowing when not to climb the
      mountain.

      Bob
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic