16297Re: fabric, and old topic but I need some advice

  • gregg
    Nov 9, 2006
      What about making your travelpod out of uncoated 1.1 oz silnylon like
      Rick's, then spraying silicone on the bottom and ends for rain spray
      (like Ed recommends for windproofing his hammock bottoms for cool
      weather). No extra sewing of waterproof bottoms and ends to breathable
      top fabrics this way.
      My single layer silnylon hammock is still going strong by the way.
      Gregg

      Posted by: "Jeff" jwj32542@...
      <mailto:jwj32542@...?Subject=%20Re%3A%20fabric%2C%20and%20old%20topic%20but%20I%20need%20some%20advice>
      jwj32542 <http://profiles.yahoo.com/jwj32542>

      Tue Nov 7, 2006 6:37 am (PST)

      I wouldn't use silnylon either. Try making a Garlington Taco
      first...take it off in the morngings and see if you have condensation
      on the inside.

      I'm going to make a TravelPod out of a waterproof/breathab
      le material,
      though...should be plenty windproof.

      Other than that, any kind of DWR would probably do a good job of
      blocking wind...it's not so easy to blow through. Even 1.1oz from the
      dollar bin.

      Jeff

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com