16273RE: [Hammock Camping] fabric, and old topic but I need some advice

    Nov 7, 2006
      Jamie, I've found that silnylon traps excessive body moisture when place
      within a few feet over my body-it's often enough to actually drip back onto
      me! I'm currently having great success with silnylon bottom & ends with
      breathable 1.1 ripstop sides & top on a hammock wind block I'm prototyping
      right now. But I quickly learned to keep the silnylon ends (designed to
      stop blowing rain entering under the tarp ends) to a minimum to prevent
      trapping too much body moisture.

      I avoid ALL "waterproof-breathable" fabrics since all of my extensive past
      experience gave remarkably dismal results-the degree of breathability is
      just too low to justify the expense. I keep hoping that each new wonder
      fabric will live up to the promises, but..Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

      _____