16263Re: First night in the Mosquito Traveler (Byers)

  • Sandy Kramer
    Nov 6, 2006
      North of Zolfo.. we paddled from Fort Meade to Zolfo. Low water and
      lots of kayak dragging the first day - absolutely glorious on the
      second day.

      Thanks to Dan (Smith?) for leading me to some very reasonably priced
      and lightweight poles I can use for the tarp.

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "teblum" <teblum@...> wrote:

      > Sandy,
      > I'm glad your trip went well. Where did you camp? South of Zolfo
      Springs?

      > I noticed that the morning stiffness is much improved when hanging.
      >
      > Tom
      >

      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Sandy Kramer" <sandykayak@>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > I used my camping hammock (Byer's Mosquito Traveller) for the
      first
      > > time last weekend. IT WAS THE BEST NIGHT'S SLEEP I HAVE HAD IN
      YEARS!

      > > I suffer from arthritis and am usually in agony when I get up,
      but not
      > > in the hammock. Temp went to the low 50s (cold for us
      Floridians), so
      > > I was glad to have 6 panels of the Z-rest - could feel the
      difference.

      > > Fortunately, I didn't need to get up in the middle of the night,
      but
      > > was wearing my Feathered Friends Rock Wren sleeping bag, so it
      wouldn't
      > > have been that bad.
      > >
      > > Only problem I had was when I tried to turn and the pad didn't
      move
      > > with me.
      > >
      > > I need to learn how to do those knots!!
      > >
      > > sandy in miami