16255Re: Knot question

  • gordonpugh1
    Nov 3, 2006
      Thanks a million, Tom and Coy! My first grader was the first to try my
      set-up and, er, discover a problem. Nothing a little Ibuprofen won't
      fix, though, LOL. My solution was still a bit tenuous and did NOT
      Leave No Trace on the bark of those Oaks in my back yard, though it
      held ok enough for government work... I'll try THIS Speer knot
      solution. When I buy Ed's book, I'm sure I'll have lots more to
      consider. I do have another 15 yards (!) of webbing in case I mess up.
      I'm taking my camera to document the madness. My wife has just
      laughed. Too bad I didn't have a chance to sleep it in the yard
      before this campout. The Cub scouts already know I'm a bit eccentric.
      Remind me sometime to tell you about my neighbor's phone call to check
      on my wife as I buried our beloved (deceased) family pet in the back
      yard late one night... gordon

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "teblum" <teblum@...> wrote:

      > -http://www.imrisk.com/hammock/speerknot.htm
      >
      > I'm using the Speer knot with no problem. See link above.
      >
      > I can't imagine weight having any effect on the knot. The size of
      the
      > rope or strap, maybe, so be sure those are sized right.
      >
      > Tom

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic