16253Re: Knot question

  • Coy
    Nov 3, 2006
      Gordon, you can say my name, just dont call me names...LOL

      Tom sent the link to the Speer 4 wrap. It is what I use at around 240
      lbs. if you think it might slip any knot back on the main line can
      easy your mind. It wont have much stress on it so is easy to untie.
      I usually just poke mine back under the straps like the pic shows but
      if i can only get 2 wraps i tie it off with a knot that unties by
      pulling the end of the strap. i stick a stick in that loop if i only
      get one wrap around the tree. still easy to untie once you take the
      stick out.

      Have a good trip and be sure to report back how things workd out.

      Coy Boy

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "gordonpugh1" <gordonpugh1@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi! I'm another newby. What's the best knot to secure the straps
      > around the trees?? I was thinking a clove hitch. BTW, I weigh ~275
      > lbs!
      >
      > This weekend I am using this quick set up that another member sent
      me
      > (see link he sent below, except that he recommended a sheet bend to
      > attach the hammock to the webbing.)
      >
      > Thanks for any suggestions. I leave early Saturday a.m. There's more
      > to the story, but will save that for another day... gordon
      >
      > (The link he sent was: http://www.imrisk.com/testhammock/testhammock.
      > htm)

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic