16252Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Down throw

  • CC Wayah
    Nov 3 6:23 PM
      I bought three at Wall Mart a few years ago.
      Could not find microfiber fabric in the stores.
      I took them apart and made a down blanket big enough to use in the hammock
      and on the top
      of my queen sized bed. I sewed one layer with microfiber pieced to fit the
      bed and the top layer of 1.1 nylon so I have a soft layer against my skin.

      I believe my husband would take this just for himself if he could get
      away with doing this. It was a very messy project saving the down out of the
      throws. The throws cost me 8 dollars a piece after xmass so they could get
      rid what was left. The down is not 800 down fill but is adequate for cool
      not cold weather outside in my hammock and so comfy indoor or out.

      To make one more like a sleeping bag I;I'd make the bottom of the bag both
      inside and other layers out of nylon so moving/Turing about is less friction
      and the inside top of the microfiber. I;d fill it with Ed spars 900 down if
      I were to do this project from scratch.
      One big drawback is that I am a restless sleeper so the whole bag may turn
      around me as I twist.