16241Re: mt mitchel weather cam

    Nov 3, 2006
      Tim,

      Are you suggesting winter testing on Mt Mitchell without snow? Just
      kidding, it got to 35F at my house last night with mild winds. I was
      out there testing a 40F hammock setup and I got a little cool and
      didn't really get much sleep once it got to the mid thirties but stayed
      out there trying a little or this and a little of that with what I had.

      Dave

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "tim garner" <slowhike@...>
      wrote:

      > for anyone interrested, here`s what`s showing on the weather cam
      > found at NC state parks, mt mitchel.
      > current wind speed...38 mph
      > current temp.........11.7 f
      > wind chill...........-34 f
      > that`ll test your winter hammock set-up. course, you`d want to get out
      > of that wind for starters :~) ...tim

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic