16221Re: extreme hammocking

  • Coy
    Oct 31, 2006
      I worked for a tree trimming service for about 5 years back in my
      younger days. Your right, a tree climbing harness (saddle is what
      we called them) is a lot more substancial and comfortable than a
      regular climbing harness. but keep a close check on your equipment
      and double check all knots. this was posted on another list today.
      not trying to scare you, just be safe.

      http://tinyurl.com/y7ujbs

      Coy Boy

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Nathan Denn <natesdenn71@...>
      wrote:

      > At my camp we started a recreational tree climbing program this
      past summer. It does involve some technical equipment. Most of it
      is the same as rock climbing gear but the biggest difference is the
      harness. WAY more comfortable than a rock one. Part of the
      training I received was in hanging a special tree hammock called a
      treeboat. These are really cool except they weigh a lot. They can
      be found at www.newtribe.com We are thinking of purchasing a few
      treeboats next summer so the campers can spend the night in a tree.
      The $200+ price tag for something that heavy makes me want to use my
      hammock instead for that purpose.