16220Re: extreme hammocking

  • Nathan Denn
    Oct 31, 2006
      At my camp we started a recreational tree climbing program this past summer. It does involve some technical equipment. Most of it is the same as rock climbing gear but the biggest difference is the harness. WAY more comfortable than a rock one. Part of the training I received was in hanging a special tree hammock called a treeboat. These are really cool except they weigh a lot. They can be found at www.newtribe.com We are thinking of purchasing a few treeboats next summer so the campers can spend the night in a tree. The $200+ price tag for something that heavy makes me want to use my hammock instead for that purpose.

      Nate