16219Re: extreme hammocking

  • Coy
    Oct 30, 2006
      cool! I'm glad to see you are tied off in a harness. I wouldn't
      trust any hammock that high off the ground...well maybe one made of HD
      1000 denier cordura nylon with tow truck straps. On the plus side, I
      dont think you would need to worry about a seperate bear bag in that
      setup.

      Coy Boy

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "natesdenn71" <natesdenn71@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello everyone! I just posted some pics in my folder (Nate's
      Hammock)
      > of some extreme hammocking I did this afternoon. I combined
      > recreational tree climbing and hammocking! I was thinking about
      > sleeping up there tonite, but I decided to wait for warmer weather.
      > would also need to space out my anchor points a bit more. It took
      > some work to get the hammock hung in that place and I was satisfied
      > with the first attempt. Many kids in the outdoor ed. program at my
      > camp were quite surprised when I said hello from the trees. Many
      > didnt even notice until they were right under me. Many staff were
      > surprised too! Enjoy!

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic