16213Re: [Hammock Camping] Using my truck and a tree

  • Scott Schroeder
    Oct 30, 2006
      You can probably come up with any number of ways to tie off the end on
      the truck. In this photo I went out the passenger side wind an over
      the top. I then tied the strap to the part between the driver window
      and the rear driverside window. I jus tied it up like I would to a
      tree.
      I could be setup so you have a loop to hook onto in the center between
      the seats. I was thinking pickup owners with the middle sliding rear
      window could put a wrap over the top of the cap, through each window
      then have the loop dead center and you attach your hammock through
      that rear sliding window.....whew!!! I hope that made some sense.
      I thought of this because my office doesn't have two decent trees near
      each other and I need a way to take a nap sometimes ....LOL!
      I did have to hang the hammock all the way to the ceiling and pretty
      high on the tree to keep from hitting the bed of the truck.
      Having most of your body inside the truck like that would definitely
      give a lot of protection in foul weather. If its cold, you could
      bundle up stuff under you to stay nice and toasty.
      If it's warm, just roll all the windows down.
      I'll let you know if some other variant comes up.
      If yall build on this idea please post what you did!
      Thanks
      Scott
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic