1615The 4 Pocket Bugnet

  • Debra Weisenstein
    May 30, 2003
      Just posted a picture (on this site under DebW) of the bugnet I made
      for my Speer Hammock. It has the bugnetting sewn to a ridgeline of 5/8
      inch grossgrain ribbon. I attach the bugnet to the trees above the
      hammock. It has velcro on the ends to seal around the hammock. The
      bottom hangs free with 4 pockets for adding weights. It's made with
      a single width of material and I wish it was a few inches longer. I
      have to mount it low enough that the pockets are below the place where
      the hammock sides contact the netting, otherwise gaps develop around
      the pockets when bulky objects are inserted and bugs may gain access.
      I have yet to test the bugproofness of the design in very buggy
      conditions, but so far it seems OK. The pockets can be stuffed with
      stones, items from your pack (eg. pocketknife), or items you want
      handy at night (eg. headlamp). This bugnetting should get a good test
      week after next as I'll be backpacking in NH and VT.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic