16149Re: Hammock Stands

  • dexstrom
    Oct 19, 2006
      Since I don't have trees in my yard, I looked for a stand and found a
      nice one at K-Mart for ~$70 that folds up for storage which is
      nice. It comes with a woven cloth beach type of hammock, but is
      long enough to hang my zhammock. I don't know about hanging a tarp
      along with the hammock, haven't tried that, and it's too heavy for
      anything more than car camping trips and the back yard.

      Daniel

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Sandy
      Kramer" <sandykayak@...> wrote:

      > Several of you mention your hammock stands - someone said "pipe
      hammock
      > stand." An archive search didn't show me a "how to build your own
      > hammock stand."
      >
      > This is pricey....anyone have instructions? Cost of materials?
      >
      > http://www.ccoutdoorstore.com/byvahast.html
      >
      > thanks
      > sandy in miami

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic