16005Re: [Hammock Camping] candle heat
- Oct 7, 2006interresting. ...tim
Black Wolfe <blackwolfe@...> wrote: Side stepping the candle next to your tarp issues and giving a new approach.
This idea is a miniaturizing of a gravity assisted hot water system.
1) Build a very small boiler, really nothing more is needed than a copper
tubing coil over the candle.
2) A coil of tubing inside your sleeping system. Perhaps built into your
3) Connecting tubing and perhaps a reservoir.
4) Setup; The "boiler" must be at the low point, the "heater", near the
top, with the reservoir at the top. There must be no air bubbles in the
loop. Convection will carry the heated water up through the system, The
cooled water will sink to be rewarmed in the boiler.
Down side? Weight! I expect that we could not make a working system under
1.5 pounds. If the tubing is to small friction will lock it so the heated
water won't flow fast enough to be usable. And if you boil the water it
might create a air bubble that will lock the system too.
Bruce W. Calkins
> Now, the only real problem is not burning up your hammock.Yahoo! Groups Links
don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!!!
Do you Yahoo!?
Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>