16Re: Hammock Camping OK.....first question

  • Paul Morgan
    Jan 9, 2003
      >Interested in how others stow gear (non bearbaggable (how's that
      >word!) while sleeping. Presently, I keep it under me, on the ground
      >covered w/ rain fly. Any thoughts?

      I carry two pack covers and use them both to wrap up my pack underneath the
      hammock.

      >Aslo how about your boots/trail shoes? Where do you put them when in
      >the hammock? I kind of step out of them as I pull my legs up ( I
      >have a Hennessey) then reach down and cover them. I'm wondering if I
      >may find a visitor one morning attracted to the salt scent.

      I switch from trail shoes to sandals for camp. The shoes get covered by the
      pack cover alongside the pack. The sandals go in with me when I get into my
      Hennessey. I take the sandals off and hang them from the hammock ridge
      line.

      Too Tall