15920Re: Hennessey Ultra Backpaker Asym VS. Speer 8.0A

  • bbqporksteak
    Oct 4, 2006
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <james.a.thompson@...>
      wrote:

      > !! HELP !!
      > I'm guessing that this is a common question. Should I purchase a
      > Hennessey Ultralight Backpacker Asym w/ large fly OR a Speer 8.0A?

      Personally,
      I am quite fond of the Speer. I must admit, though, that I have not
      used the Hennessey, but I did spend time sweating over this same
      issue before buying. With the Speer I like top entry, the removable
      bug net, the bigger tarp, the tarp being separate from the hammock
      (it doesn't sag when you get into the hammock), no need to peg the
      sides to the ground, very easy to set up, very comfortable, and if
      you aren't afraid to try sewing, very cheap. It was my very first
      sewing project, and I breezed right through it. If you buy it pre-
      sewn, it is still fairly priced. And Ed will give you a signed copy
      of his book with the purchase. I can hang my LED light and medical
      needs form the bug net line, within easy-to-find-in-the-darkness-
      reach. I must say that I also like the elegant simplicity of the
      design.
      Hope this helps.
      Bob.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic