15916Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Tarp Tent

  • Bruce W. Calkins
    Oct 4, 2006
      I bought the Candle lantern insert and the "replacement" from Campmor. I
      have not seen it listed with them in a long time. Since my current system
      does not call for using it, I have not looked into a source for parts or
      replacement.

      It is a bit messy in setup and takedown. I went to a now discontinued Vicks
      44 cough medicine bottle for oil storage. That and a short piece of tubing
      allow me to empty it for storage / travel. Otherwise, it seems to leak from
      atmospheric pressure changes.

      Bruce W.
      Black Wolfe

      > Black Wolf, like you I bought my Cand-oil lantern a long time ago-but is
      it
      > still available on the market? I seem to remember that it has been
      > discontinued for safety reasons, but I'm not sure. Guess I could google
      it
      > myself..Ed
      >
      > This parallels my experience. I still have the third, and most recent,
      > Cand-oil (tm) oil lamp I bought in 1992. It has not however, been used in
      > more than half a decade.
      >
      > Bruce W.
      > Black Wolfe
    • Show all 49 messages in this topic