15904[Hammock Camping] Re: Crazy Creek straps

  • terry_and_pearl
    Oct 4, 2006
      Does anybody have pics of the buckles?? Do their buckles resemble these:

      http://www.strapworks.com/Cam_Buckle_p/mcb1.htm

      or these:

      http://www.strapworks.com/Stainless_Steel_Cam_Buckle_p/sscb1.htm

      I looked on the Crazy Creek website but no pics of the buckles (or
      straps) that I could find - some of the hammocks, but no detail).

      I purchased the above cam buckles from the site addressed above.

      They sell nylon, polyester and polypropylene straps also in various
      widths. I purchased their 1" polypropylene strapping also - they refer
      to it as webbing. Polypropylene doesn't absorb water like nylon and so
      doesn't stretch like nylon. Also, it is more abrasion resistant than
      polyester.

      Their cam buckles are rated at 800 lbs. Their Stainless Steel cam
      buckles are rated at 750 lbs. (I have no financial interest in
      strapworks, but I got very good service from them).

      The polypropylene webbing I received is heavy duty and I am using it
      for wrapping the tree in the hammock suspension. I use the Hennesy
      Hammock and their tree huggers were just too short and I would rather
      use the cam buckles I purchased rather than fuss with knots or
      lashings, especially when my fingers are wet and cold.

      > I've used the CC straps in this way.
      >
      > My hammock has casings at either end, a two-foot length of cord tied
      into a loop, and a 1-1/2 inch diameter ring attached to the cord with
      a lark's head.

      > I attach the CC strap to the tree with a lark's head, positioned so
      the buckle lands about a foot away from the trunk. The standing run of
      the strap goes through the hammock ring then back through the CC buckle.

      > This works great except for the ugly printing on the strap.
      >
      > If anybody finds a source for these buckles, please let me know. The
      last time I talked to CC, they wouldn't sell the buckles or straps
      separate.