15900RE: [Hammock Camping] Re: Crazy Creek straps

    Oct 4, 2006
      I've used the CC straps in this way.

      My hammock has casings at either end, a two-foot length of cord tied into a loop, and a 1-1/2 inch diameter ring attached to the cord with a lark's head.

      I attach the CC strap to the tree with a lark's head, positioned so the buckle lands about a foot away from the trunk. The standing run of the strap goes through the hammock ring then back through the CC buckle.

      This works great except for the ugly printing on the strap.

      If anybody finds a source for these buckles, please let me know. The last time I talked to CC, they wouldn't sell the buckles or straps separate.

      Bear