15847Re: light weight hammock failure

  • Rat
    Sep 30, 2006
      Hey tim, was that the herad end or the foot end? Or do you use yours
      for either, ir, no designated head or foot end? That is an interesting
      tear. It looks like it may have started in the center and ripped
      towards the sides (no tear in that one hem). Do you think it was
      because of the weight or could you find a possible fault in the
      fabric?

      I busted one not long ago. I was sitting in it putting the broadheds
      on my arrows and I dropped one of the blades. When I reached for it,
      kinda under my butt/leg area, I must have pushed the tip through the
      fabric and instantly it ripped from end to end and put me on the
      ground. I guess my point is, a very small hole can lead to
      catastrophic failure in Nylon pretty quick. Could that have been a
      possibility?

      Glad you weren't hurt, that hardwood floor looks, well, hard.

      Rat
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic