15601Re: [Hammock Camping] sleeping bag (opened up) as an underquilt?

  • Jeff
    Sep 1 10:48 AM
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "gtvlfed" <jneale@...> wrote:
      > Just a thought, is it feasible to have a series of attachment
      > mechanisms (ie. ties) sewn to the bottom of a HH that would match up
      > with ties/grommets on the topside of the underquilt so that it could
      > be held close and not compress... regardless of the weight of the
      > occupant?

      Yes. Hammock Hanger on TrailForums (and sometimes no whiteblaze) made
      one like that. I don't know how adjustable it is for the weight of
      the occupant, but she sewed tabs onto the HH to match her underquilt
      tabs. A simple cordlock would make it adjustable.

      Another idea is to run elastic or shockcord inside the top shell. For
      synthetic, just put the quilting loops around the shockcord and it'll
      help pull the top layer against the hammock w/o compressing the
      insulation. Haven't tested to see if it's worth the weight, though.

      Jeff
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic