15599Re: [Hammock Camping] sleeping bag (opened up) as an underquilt?

  • Jeff
    Sep 1, 2006
      Agree with what Risk said - those are the difficulties, and the best
      way I've found to overcome them is an insulated hammock. But then you
      lose some flexibility to adjust for temps, that the underquilt
      preserves, if that's important for you. I think both probably have
      their places depending on conditions.

      I don't remember who has made an underquilt from a down bag, but
      Patrick made his first KAQ prototype from a synthetic TNF bag. He put
      pics at whiteblaze.net and he's on this list.

      Jeff
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic