15598Re: [Hammock Camping] sleeping bag (opened up) as an underquilt?

    Sep 1, 2006
      The important factors in using down as an underquilt in cold
      temperatures (my experience) are:
      - finding a way to not compress the outer fabric against the down so
      that it compresses the down and decreases the amount of insulation
      - finding a way to make sure that the down is against the bottom of the
      hammock (finding a way to eliminate an air compartment between the down
      and the hammock)

      I have not found a way of doing that without using the surface of the
      hammock as the top surface of the down enclosing space.

      Rick