15594Re: [Hammock Camping] Latest Brain Squeeze, Strap Stake Pockets.

    Sep 1, 2006
      i like the strap pocket rat... is that made onto the end of a webbing that is the support on one end of your hammock? ...tim

      Rat <hogn8r2004@...> wrote: I just received my roll of Polypro webbing and was in the process of
      making new straps for the hammocks and traps when this idea hit me.
      Now that I use snakeskins on my hammocks I am always faced with the
      problem of storing my stakes. Rolling them up in the hammock scares
      me a little and having a separate place for them means I am always
      looking for them when I need them. So here is what I came up with.
      I doubled over a length of webbing and sewed it back to it's self
      creating a pocket. I insert the stakes in the pocket and the whole
      thing gets lashed to the tarp or hammock. The webbing is thick
      enough to not allow the stakes to puncture my tarp, and they are
      always with the gear that needs them. Here are the pixels.
      http://tinyurl.com/pnp2x

      BTW, I got a screaming deal on polypro webbing from here:
      http://tinyurl.com/krc4c
      It is rated a little less than Ed's, but I used it today and it held
      fine. I will be using it for three days this weekend, so I should
      know for sure after that.

      I also bought some of these to try the double ring suspension, I
      bought six. I didn't realise they were so BIG! They must weigh half
      a pound each! They do work however, but they will not be a part of
      my hammock system. BTW, I think they work because they are powder
      coated not polished. So for those of you who are trying to do this
      maybe you can find some, or have some, powder coated.
      http://tinyurl.com/zgpzu

      Rat