15591Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: douple hammock / S.P.E.

    Aug 31, 2006
      jonas4321 <jonas4321@...> wrote: .Tim-

      Cool idea. I am concerned about putting stitching in the body of a
      hammock, but since all of the hammocks I have made are double-bottom
      (Risk's ZHammock design), I would be more comfortable if the stitching
      was only in the top layer, leaving the bottom layer un-perforated. Use
      1.1oz ripstop for both layers, but sew a third partial layer of
      pouches for the DAM (or other pad) and the insulating pad segments. I
      made my own SPE-type thingie for winter camping, but keeping it
      centered in the hammock whilst getting in and out was a little tricky,
      particularly with the DAM making me ride a lot higher inside. Sewing
      the pockets directly in the top layer would eliminate shifting but
      still give the benefits of a SPE. When pads weren't needed, the
      pouches would simply remain empty.

      I like the artistic work! Nice use of color!

      Jonas

      ### thanks jonas... yep i`ve had that same problem w/ keeping the SPE in place.
      mabey ed & dave will go into the production mode :~) ...tim