15584Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: YAHHO on the PCT

    Aug 30, 2006
      seuss... good to hear from you. what did you insulate your underquilt with?
      any new bear storys? ...tim

      seuss910 <wrv77@...> wrote:
      I tried something similar with a BA Cross Mountain bag a year or so
      ago. I put velcro (loop) strips on the edges of the bottom of the bag
      at hip and shoulder spots. Then I put hook velcro on some duct tape
      tabs i had attached to CCF hip and shoulder wings. So I'd just slide
      a ridge rest into the BA sleeve, velcro the extensions in place, and
      sleep soundly and warmly all night long. At least, that was the plan.
      Any movement at night would pull the wings off and I'd stil wake up
      with cold spots. I haven't totally given up on the idea, but since I
      made meself an underquilt it's not been a priority. I think with
      wider/stronger velcro attachment points it could still be feasible.